Hello World!

Welcome,

Here's the deal on Maritime Detectorists. The intention is to create interest, in the Maritime Provinces of Canada and elsewhere, in this amazing hobby (sport depending on who you are talking to). I'm not a total beginner but I'm also no pro. I do have some things to pass along from my experiences, from the words of others more experienced than I, and this is where I plan on doing the majority of that knowledge transfer.

There are likely to be social media accounts created to support this effort and I'll consider YouTube as a medium, but there are plenty of people already in that space and I'm more suited to blogging than being in front of the camera, we'll see. I don't expect that this will be a daily blog, it's more apt to be weekly with the frequency of posts changing as the seasons pass. I'd rather be swinging the detector than talking about it, though I do like to talk about it with whoever cares to listen.

In the next few posts you can expect:
  1. A wrap up of the 2018 season including my top finds and generally where I found them; 
  2. How, when, and why I got into metal detecting;
  3. The dirt on my equipment, excuse the pun, what I purchased, when and why; 
  4. Some terms you'll want to get familiar with; and 
  5. Tips and tricks that I've learned about where to search, when to search, and what you can expect to find. 
As with other blogs I've been involved with I look forward to starting the conversation and hope you'll join me with your comments and questions.

Cheers!

Terry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Language of Metal Detecting

A wrap up of 2018 metal detecting season including my top finds